Wednesday, July 31, 2013

San Diego #12: Supported!

I really haven't been blogging... I guess it's really setting in that I don't have much time left at all with my project friends, some of which I've really gotten to know over nine short weeks.

I just wanted to say that as of about a week ago, all my support is in! It took eight weeks into project for me, but with steps of faith (i.e., making phone calls), any of my friends supporting me or even considering supporting me, and a lot of encouragement from my small group, the student operations directors, and a few other friends here on project, God provided.

I've also been supported in non-financial ways. Here on project, we often pray for each other, and I've sent plenty of support letters out asking for prayer. Whether those people have prayed or not, I feel that God will support us - whether it looks good to us or not - when we're doing his work.

The past few days have been a whirlwind. We said our last goodbyes to our church congregations, the people that we've met on the campuses that we evangelize at, and a couple of students have left project a little early. We had Alexis, one of our staff, visit us for a few days, and after he rolled out of Mission Beach, the directors are back to close project. It's been fast, but in a way, it's also been slow. What can't be argued is that it's been incredible.

This'll probably be the last SDSP post I write in San Diego. There's more to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment